Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Feb 8, 2010, 10:12 AM   #1
Default A720 is extras

hey all, got a couple of questions im hoping some of you may be able to help with. i have a a720 is, works great, perfect for what i need, but the other day thought... seeing as there are plenty of additional lenses i can get, why not get some. so i bought quite a few.

now... once they are on, its all fine, no probs bar one. when using flash (especially when up close) ( i do like my macro) the new lenses block out 80% of the light,

basically i want to find some kind of external flash for it. i know i cant get a normal external flash, as this camera doesnt have anywhere where i can put a hot-shoe (think thats what there called) or a pre installed one.

(unless anyone knows of any wierd add ons)

so yeah, i need some kinda external flash that doenst use a hot-shoe connection, but that is not completly separate to the camera. ie on the other side of the room.

long winded i know.. anyway ta for the help if anyone can give any.
jasonholland89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 8, 2010, 12:29 PM   #2

Welcome to the Forum. We're glad you dropped by.

The Item that you are seeking is called a Slave Flash. A slave flash is triggered by your camera's own built-in flash. A slave flash is usually mounted on an accessory flash bracket.

Canon make a Slave Flash, the HF-1, but it does not tilt. The DigiSlave-3000 will actually tilt, and it will enable using bounce flash. I have attached a photo of the DigiSlave-3000 mounted on a Panasonic FZ-28 camera.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2010, 1:14 PM   #3

thanks for your help, thought it would be these, will have a look at getting one soon
jasonholland89 is offline   Reply With Quote