Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old May 4, 2010, 1:51 PM   #1
Default New here

Hello all!

I'm new here to Steve's forum, but I've been a constant visitor here since around 2000 when I first got my Canon G1. My next camera was a G6, and now my latest G-series is the G11. I simply love the G-series cameras!

I used to post quite a bit on DPReview.com under the same screen name and on Geekstogo under makai, so I'm not new to forums. Although, for some years now on dpreview I've stopped posting; and for a few months I've stopped at G2G. Basically, other life events have limited my time.

I just wanted to share my experience with you about an option for the G11... a wireless remote control. It's not something new and has been out for some time... there are many reviews about this particular remote. However, my recent excellent experience with this company has brought me here to post about it.

The company is JYC Technology and the remote is the JY-110. Since it's made in China, there are actually the same models offered by other companies. JYC may/may not be the original supplier of these remotes, but their customer service is top notch... well, at least in this instance.

The short of it is, I purchased a remote from an on-line vendor (not JYC). The remote ate batteries like no tomorrow! I contacted JYC since the vendor supplied a JYC to me. JYC turned around and sent me a new remote, no questions asked... well, except for my address. This to me is excellent service deserving of word-of-mouth testimonials.

This is the kind of thing that keeps people going back to companies like this, and companies like lensmateonline.com. where they'll take care of you.

In any case, please don't consider this spam. It's not. I have no affiliation with any photo supply companies. I just wanted to tell you about JYC's customer service.

By the way, the remote works great, is well built, has great range, and the new one doesn't eat batteries! Excellent remote!

nahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 4, 2010, 2:04 PM   #2

Welcome to the forums. Hopefully, you'll post here more often, as it's rare to find someone that's been keeping up with the industry by frequenting digital camera forums for as long as you have (approx. 10 years from what I can tell from your posting history elsewhere).

I'm glad the remote is working out for you.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2010, 2:12 PM   #3

Thanks for the welcome,JimC!

Yah, when I got my G1, I was coming from film, so external flash was the most important feature I was looking for in a compact. Film required a lot of equipment back then... nowadays too! Larger DSLR also require too much stuff I'm not willing to deal with. The G11 is excellent for what it is. Very cool camera. Unfortunately, Canon removed that nice little remote they used to supply, so all we have left are aftermarket.

Not sure if I'll be posting much, but I always monitor threads I start and reply promptly whenever possible.

Thanks again!
nahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2010, 7:02 PM   #4

Hi there, JimC-

I am still hanging around for years and years, and I have more than 14,000 posts.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote