Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old May 25, 2010, 2:28 AM   #1
Default s90 shooting speed question...help please.

hi all. currently have an aging sd750. honestly, if it weren't for the significant improvements in picture quality, i'd find it hard to justify giving it up. but...

i've tested a number of candidates, but have ended returning them all. the one i almost kept was the s90. so here goes. (by the way, i understand there are many other exemplary features, but for my purposes, i'll list what is important to me. eg - i don't care about raw images.)

i am leaning towards giving the panny a shot...UNLESS - and that's where you experts come in.

feature: sd750 s90 panasonic zs6

shooting speed 1.7 fps 0.9 fps 2.3 fps
3 inch NON wide lcd 230k dots 460k 460k
size perfect pushing my a hair over my max

the first time i tested a panasonic was the zs3. almost kept it, but the color quality was just not to my liking, obviously having gotten used to the canon colors. among other things, my camera is as good as my photo album in my pocket. however, in the zs6, i see they now have a warm setting, or even happy, and have seen samples, and if they are what they appear to be, i can certainly live with them.

now to the UNLESS -

is there any way we can tinker with the s90 to speed up the shooting speed?

thanks in advance!

ps: i know the sd4000 is about to come out. love it, esp the 3.7 fps and f2.0. BUT - 3 inch widescreen lcd is a big deal breaker for me.
locksinajam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 25, 2010, 9:51 AM   #2

High ISO Capability and fast shooting speeds, with the exception of the Canon S-90 and G-11 on the high ISO issue, are not the forte of P+S cameras. The features that you are really looking for can only be found in M4/3 cameras and DSLR cameras.

The only possibility I can think of is the new Samsung EX-1/TL-500 that is designed to compete directly with the Canon S-90. You might want to check that out.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2010, 11:43 AM   #3

thanks for the heads up. looks promising, and from a few quick searches it seems like it should already be available, but i guess not here yet. it is however quite a bit heftier than what i would hope for, so i guess the hunt continues.
locksinajam is offline   Reply With Quote