Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 23, 2003, 2:00 AM   #1
Default question about down loading images to computer from A80

When dloading images from the A80 are the photos supposed to stay resident on the memory card and have to be manually deleted or are they supposed to be automatically removed when dloaded? I just dloaded a bunch of pictures and they were not removed from the cam in the process...just wondering if there is a setting I can change to make the removal automatic.

Also...is there a way to get the A80 to show up as a seperate drive in the "my computer window" like the sony digicams do or is this not possible?
greenfieldja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 23, 2003, 6:53 AM   #2

The card will hold the pix when you send them to your pc,it will not delet them (no auto delet) you should reformat the card in the camera to remove them. The best thing to do is buy a card reader.This way you dont have to hook up your camera to the pc,and you wont be using the camera battery power and the reader will show up as its own drive letter.Tealblue
tealblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2003, 7:10 AM   #3

Some download software allows you to remove pics automatically. By default they remain on the card.

I believe, the File Viewer Utility from the Canon software bundle would show you the camera as a drive.. Used it only once though. Also there are plugins for FAR and Total Commander file managers that can do that.
Oleg is offline   Reply With Quote