Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Nov 6, 2010, 6:51 PM   #1
Default Underwater Housings !

I'm pretty attached to my Canon 720IS but it's starting to have some underexposure issues. On Auto, everything is consistently underexposed
even tho I've reset to factory defaults.

I ain't rich so am looking for a replacement for it. Would any of the
newer Canon cameras fit in the Canon WP-DC16 UW Housing I'm currently using for the 720?
heeler77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 7, 2010, 8:02 PM   #2

I have a Canon S1IS and the underwater housing. I'm almost certain that no other camera will fit into the housing unless you have the S1IS. I presume the 720IS is in the same boat as I am. Your best bet is to look online for a used 720IS. Look at Craig's List or Kijiji, this may help. I realized this to be a problem when I bought the S1IS housing. My camera was sent in for a sensor repair/recall and they offered to replace with a S2. I had to decline unless Canon was going to buy my housing as well. For me I have Bought a cheap underwater camera, 10ft range from fuji I think, so if camera goes so does the built in housing.
BTW I still have the S1IS I only use it if I have to go deeper than 10ft of water (taht I don't often do). Other than that it stays put. Hopefully the camera doesn't fail. - Good luck
garman is offline   Reply With Quote