Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 3, 2004, 6:40 AM   #1
Default Editing w/A80 help

Does anyone know how i go about saving edited shots on the memory card?I'm using the included canon software.
gelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2004, 12:30 PM   #2
Default I have done it using a card reader

I take most of my shots at the max settings incase I want to print one out....so it takes forever for the pictures to download from camera to computer via the USB cable. To solve this I went out and bought a card reader for $19.00. Now transfer of data is extremely quick.

With the card reader you can take a file and save to the drive letter designated for the card reader, regardless of what software you are using. Or you can open up the drive and drag and drop the file into the drive.

Not sure if this helps as I decided to not install the canon software on my system (Windows 98SE) as I use photoshop to edit, and I don't often use the direct conection for data transfer. Instead I just installed the driver. Although the manual states you MUST install the software for things to work, I have not had a problem downloading from camera to comp with either the card reader or the usb cable.

The other great thing about a card reader is you can save any file to the card as long as it doesn't exceed the memory of the card and download it to any other computer with a cf card reader. I have used mine to transfer databases and spreadsheets as well as other documents to and from work as large databases take up quite a lot of memory I often cannot fit them on a floppy and dont have a cd burner on my work computer. The CF card reader has worked wonders for moving the info from one place to the other. It also saves my batteries in my cam (even though they are rechargeables).
greenfieldja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2004, 1:08 AM   #3
Default using Windows XP software

As a follow up to Jeffs comments, I have tried both Windows 98SE and Windows XP. With 98SE I have used the supplied Canon s/ware to transfer images to my PC and it is excrutiatingly slow. With XP I have used the default digital image transfer facility and it is very much faster.
Both systems give you the option of just transferring or transfer and delete from your A80.

Sorry if this is a bit late!

Regards, Steve
bubblenose is offline   Reply With Quote