Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jul 20, 2011, 1:06 AM   #1
Default What's your thoughts on the Canon 60d

Thinking of dropping the coin on the 60d and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts, good or bad, on this fella. Haven't decided if I am going to buy the kit or if I will just buy the body and get a separate lens. Was looking at the 15-85 IS USM lens to put on it if I buy just the body. Thanks for any advice and as always greatly appreciated.
crlindstrom87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 20, 2011, 7:56 PM   #2

I have the T1i and upgraded to the 60D because of the 9 point cross AF points opposed to the 1 point with the T1i. I still have the former as a backup camera and use it a lot with my 50mm 1.8 lens.

The 60D is a great camera particularly coupled with the 15-85 which is worth the money over the kit lens 18-55. I like the focal length it provides over the 17-55 which is also a stellar lens for the crop bodies....both are similar in IQ however the latter has a fixed F2.8 whereas the 15-85 is variable.....so depending on what you want to shoot you may want to consider your needs. The next camera up from the 60D is the 7D which also gets terrific reviews but is heavier. Which ever models you are considering (be it canon, nikon, etc) test them out in the store to make sure they feel comfortable in your hand with the weight and design as that's first and foremost.

PS: If you post (or ask the moderator to move this thread) into the DSLR/CANON section of the forums you'll probably get more responses. This was posted in the P&S/Canon section and may not be seen by everyone who can better provide insight.
Olympus E-PL5 45mm 1.8, 60mm macro and Panny 25mm 1.4

Canon 5D III
50mm 1.2 L l 24-70 F2.8 L l 70-200 F4 L l 40mm 2.8 l 100mmL 2.8 macro

Last edited by Shutterbug74; Jul 20, 2011 at 8:00 PM.
Shutterbug74 is offline   Reply With Quote