Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 22, 2011, 3:28 AM   #1
Default What's the problem with my S2 IS?

after one year I decided to use my Canon S2 IS, but I noticed every time I took picture, it was completely black,
so I thought maybe it's a stuck shutter problem.I took many pictures (and also hit the camera several times with my hand) and
suddenly the problem went away. But this time when I take pictures it acts in a strange way.I don't know if there's a problem
with it's lens or sensor or it's dirty or something else?! I put some pictures here, so you may be able to help me with this.
Can I repair it myself? I'm in a hurry and should get it fixed in 2 or 3 days and no camera repair shop or anything else is around here.

Thank you for your help

note:all pictures are directly from camera and they are cropped to reduce size

indoor-fluorescent lamp-automatic: you see horizental lines

indoor-fluorescent lamp-Aperture Priority(same as above but with aperture more than 5.0):green tint and those lines

outdoor-sunny day-automatic:it's like camera can't recognize the amount of light: overexposure and maybe the lines

but sometimes in ideal conditions (light) it can take good pictures!?
Attached Images
cameraman-2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 3, 2011, 12:06 AM   #2

Looks like a sensor problem or the image capture circuitry. Given the advanced age of the camera it is probably not worth fixing - sorry. That said, you should check to see if Canon has any recalls going for that problem. I don't think they do but it is worth checking. They fixed my S1 IS with a dead sensor for free last year - not bad support for a 7 year old camera!
djohnfot is offline   Reply With Quote