Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Sep 6, 2011, 12:28 PM   #1
Default Canon Powershot Elphi 510

$350.00 canons worlds smalles compact. due out in Oct. I already own a great cam by Sony the HX9V 1080p/i 60f.

While today the 510 is Hd1080P 24 (23.96)fps I do not mind giving up a lil of this to get a lot of that.

I may one day opt for the canon. if it is the better cam than the Sony, tehn there be plenty of Baloginia for everyone.
I started this thread so I can hear from others who owns the cam, or looking to own, this cam that can persuede me. to switch over. Below are the specs, thank you
  • World's thinnest camera with 28mm Wide-Angle lens, 12x Optical Zoom, and Optical Image Stabilizer.*
  • 12.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor combined with Canon's DIGIC 4 Image Processor creates the Canon HS SYSTEM for outstanding low-light performance up to ISO 3200.
  • Capture stunning Full HD 1080p video in stereo sound with a dedicated movie button; zoom while shooting and play back videos on an HDTV via the HDMI output.
  • A 3.2-inch wide touch panel LCD offers easy and intuitive operation, and Touch Shutter makes shooting easy and interactive.
  • High-Speed Burst Mode allows continuous shooting and Super Slow Motion Movie records video at high speeds to allow playback in slow motion.
  • Intelligent IS automatically chooses from six different modes to optimize image stabilization for the shooting condition.
  • Improved Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper settings for the camera based on 32 predefined shooting situations.
  • Movie Digest records a short video clip right before shooting a photo and then combines one day's worth of clips into one video.
  • CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Qualified Product
These are Pc low Budget Economy Hybrid camcorders Great for the Daytime Outdoor shots
Light on the Object video made. No light No Video
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 12, 2011, 12:55 AM   #2

What do you think of these models, with 1080p 24 or 30? I'm looking for great audio.
which have 16/48 or 44 lpcm?

Nikon Coolpix S9100
Elph 500 HS
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS
Lumix DMC-ZS10
parocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2011, 7:36 PM   #3

i was originally going to get the sx220 but now this one has caught my attention... not sure which one to get now.....
lin7604 is offline   Reply With Quote