Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 15, 2012, 4:58 PM   #1
Default Help with Canon Ixus 55

Hi everyone

I need your help on this... I have recently ben given a Canon Ixus 55 and I have started getting into photography.. However I have been trying to set the shutter time on this camera and can't find out how to do it. I would like to have a really long shuter mode.. I read in the manual and on the Canon website that it can go up to 15sec.... In the manual it shows how you can set the camera to "long shutter mode" however this option is not available on my camera...
I was wondering if there is a way to upgrade the firmware to get this option? Or if anybody knows how long the shutter time is in the templates ie Fireworks, kids and pets... I know Fireworks is rather long but not enough for me... Finally if none of this is posible is there anyway to hack the camera? To install a third party firmware on it... I suppose not because it's only a compact camera...

I would really appreciate any help on this.. I've searched all over without any help...
Sam Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:54 AM   #2

that's a fairly old camera, but i did some searching and found that the camera has no manual controls. it does, however, offer exposure compensation if what i read was correct.

as far as i can tell from reading this
the camera automatically adjusts the shutter speed. that's probably not so good for a budding photographer, but the camera was free, after all.

a full, detailed review that includes a section on operations and controls

some reviews and info about the camera that might be of help:
pcake is offline   Reply With Quote