Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 28, 2004, 6:53 AM   #1
Default Is there a new Canon line about to be launched?

Does anyone know if there is a new line of Canon's Digital Cameras about to be launched which will replace the current line? I know this is a natural path, but I would like to know if it's close. I am interested in the "new" S50. By the way, what's the difference between Canon's A series and S series?

P.S: Sorry for my bad English!

Thanks in advance
jorgemcsantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 28, 2004, 7:25 AM   #2

Yes, about 20 new Canons are going to be released throughout this year. There should be a few press releases about the new models coming up soon. I've heard that some (all?) of the new Canon DSLR's are getting a new "Digic 2" chipset, and I don't know if that technology is going to be trickled down to the P&S cameras or not. Other than that, we'll just have to wait and see...
S45_fornow... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2004, 8:26 AM   #3

In the digital camera world there is always something new about to be announced, anything you can buy from a store shelf is already 6 months obsolete.

You can either constantly wait for the Next best thing and never buy a camera or find what suits your needs and buy a current model.
Or unlike film cameras where you could upgrade to the newest imageing technology by just buying the new film series, you can always buy a new camera every year if you have the cash

If you are really interested in the next models I'd wait to see what is announced at the upcomming PMA.

BTW no need to apologise, your english is excellent.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2004, 12:50 AM   #4
Default April 2004

If they are announced at PMA this year in February, do you think a couple new models will come out by the time April arrives? I want to have one to bring with me on a leisure trip to London.
PeterDLai is offline   Reply With Quote