Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Apr 4, 2012, 3:10 PM   #1
Default Do you have instructions or posts for newbie?

Hello everyone. My name is Charlie, a new to here. I purchased Canon 300HS last week which is my 3rd compact digital camera. When I saw some amazing photos taken by Canon 300HS, I realized the power of small digital camera. I don't want to be a professinal photographer as it's too expensive to own DSLR and not realistic to me at this time. But I am eager to be a good digital camera photographer. I dream I can take exciting photos which are the same as some photographers using the same model did.

I am looking forward to learning from everyone here. I wonder I am able to find out some posts or something about instructions, tips, etc...

Thank you so much.

By the way, Is this forum focus on discussing photos and skills Or camera specification and review? Do you know some good forums for improve shooting and photos?
charleslee1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 4, 2012, 3:34 PM   #2

G'day Charlie

Welcome aboard !!

Many others here will offer you their thoughts in answer to your main Q ...
I would suggest both a) posting one of your recent images to show us what sort of photography you enjoy, and b) asking a pertinent Q regarding something you're not quite sure about how-to do it

To do a) you can upload images in 1/2-dozen ways, I do it via my FLickr site and just copy the "share to BB" code into the Steve's post

Each posting will get various answers and start the ball rolling .....
Regards, Phil
Has Fuji & Lumix superzoom cameras and loves their amazing capabilities
Google me at Travelling School of Photography Australia
Recent images at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2012, 6:57 PM   #3

Hi Charlie- these forums here can be used to discuss photographic hardware or photographic techniques- or simply just to post images or admire/critique others(if they ask for it...lol).
For now,just enjoy your camera- go out and shoot whatever takes your fancy- find out what makes YOU tick- and what type of photography seduces you... and don't forget to upload...
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote