Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Feb 22, 2004, 10:27 PM   #1
Default G5 & Purple Fringing

I just bought a G5. I love everything about it except one thing: I wear glasses and everytime a picture is taken of me, there are purple halos around the flash marks on my glasses. It is very, very noticable. Anyone have advice on what I can try to minimize this? I called Canon technical support ( ha ha ) and they said to angle my glasses differently or try lower quality setting. These don't really seem like practical options to me. The glasses are a big issue here. Anyone else have this problem? Any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 24, 2004, 4:50 PM   #2

I think you want F8 instead of F2.
Joshua B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2004, 2:38 PM   #3

Sounds like Chromatic abberation. That happens because the glass in the camera lens focuses different wavelengths of light at different focal lengths. As far as I know, the only way around this is to shoot in RAW mode, and open it in Photoshop CS's raw file converter. On the tab that says 'lens', adjust the sliders for chromatic abberation until it disappears. I don't know of any other software that can fix it but if anyone knows, let us know too.
If that doesn't work, I wonder if the chromatic abberation is coming from the lenses of your glasses, not the camera. What are your lenses made of?
LTBerry is offline   Reply With Quote