Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 22, 2002, 10:18 PM   #1
Default G2 RAW format-> TIFF converter

The g2 canon let's me download raw pics and convert them using a photo editor. I just got this camera today and have taken tons of pics to test it out. Though, I've run into a problem I can't figure out. I've taken about 4 or 5 pictures which will not convert. I'm trying to convert an image, and the application is just not doing it. I click the start button and nothing happens. It just acts like nothings happened. I've tried reloading/reinstalling the program, re-transfering the pictures, and opening the pictures straight off the memory disk. (This is the "Raw Image Converter" program I speak of). The weird thing is that I can however view the pics in preview mode on the camera and I can view them using the "ZoomBrowser EX" program.

Has anybody else had this problem (not being able to convert from RAW format)?
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 21, 2002, 7:44 PM   #2

You probably already discovered this, but for others who are just interested. When you have problem with conversion and still see the image in Zoombrowser, the thumbnail jpeg that is. The raw image can be corrupt and the Jpeg thumbnail is fine.
I have occasionally had an image fail to convert.
When the conversion stops, all images past the bad one need to be re-selected and converted again.
Also, it is probably a good idea to delete that bad image and do a format on the CF card, not erase.

rickburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2002, 10:40 PM   #3

Try BreezeBrowser. It has a great RAW image converter.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote