Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Mar 7, 2004, 1:34 PM   #1
Default Canon A60 turning on problem

Sometimes, while my A60 is on Play mode (ı>), when i'm trying to turn it on, pushing the on off button until it sounds, the camera turns on, I see the last pic i shoot, but A60 turns off by itself without even touching to the on-off button. I don't know is it really a problem, because sometimes i think that i pushed more than needed while turning on, but even i'm careful about it, rarely it does the same again. Is this problem ever happened to any1 before? Can this be a problem about my CF? This happens in Play mode only.

I think I will take it to the dealer, but at first i wanted to ask you if anyone here can share his/her experiences with me.

Whatever Thanks in advance..

PS: What i dont like in digital cameras is, usually a malfunction is not "always" happened but "rare"! And you can't decide whether it's a malfunction or not.. You can't tell your problem to the dealer because of not demonstrating it.. :evil:
iason is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 9, 2004, 4:18 AM   #2

The only reason it happened to my A70 is when the batteries were low. Other than that - it always turns on and stays there. I'd imagine another reason beside low batts could be a faulty contact in the power button.
Oleg is offline   Reply With Quote