Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Mar 19, 2004, 8:21 PM   #1
Default Lenses for the A80

Hey y'all, was wondering if anyone had any experience with the conversion lenses that Canon make for the A80, especially the wide converter? I was wondering whether they're worth shelling out for?

Secondly, is it possible to use any 52mm lens with the A80, or are the Canon-made A80-specific ones the only ones you could use?
paintnothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 21, 2004, 7:17 PM   #2
Default lenses for A80

I went down to my local camera store and tried both the telephoto, macro and wide angle lenses. I wasn't impressed to buy any of the lenses for the extra $$$, because 1. the wide angle isnt significant enough ( I can take 2 steps back if I have to) 2. the macro lense hardly has the magnification you want (I tested several photos with and without the lense) and the sales person didn't see a difference either and 3. the telephoto also has the same problem of low magnification to bring your subjects close enough to make it out in your small view finder. Plus you have to buy the extention tube which is another $20. Maybe I'm spoiled with using my Digital SLR, but if I were to keep things simple, don't buy the extras, you'll have to carry a larger case, and it will not be compact with the the lenses attached!
zzkenoman is offline   Reply With Quote