Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

View Poll Results: Wich one is the best?
Canon pro 1 8 100.00%
Coolpix 8700 0 0%
Sony F828 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 24, 2004, 4:34 PM   #11

OK...I did it. I bit the bullet and purchased the Pro1.

I loved it the second I picked it up. It feels great. It was the only one they had in the shop (they had already sold the other 4 they got in yesterday).

I'm not much for manuals (and this one looks dry) so I've just been tinkering with it and everything seems very intuitive.

I couldnt imagine getting the 8700 now having played with the remote control and the screen is big perfect for setting it up on a tripod and taking shots from a distance. I'm going away for the weekend with my girlfriend and its always a pain to get touristy pictures taken together when its just the two of us. So this should be great.

Lots of functions that are beyond me so its certainly a camera I will grow into. Should be great for travelling.

Now maybe I can stop obsessing about it and get some work done

Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2004, 5:22 AM   #12
Default Well Done!

Congratullations Murdock!

Please, later, could you tell about your experiences in low light focus, usuability and lag shutter? Quallity of pictures also?

The only one point of focus does it boder you some time? The responses of focus and recording are fast?

Ok, now I stop all the asking and wish you a wonderfull weekend! Enjoy your new toy!
IDJ is offline   Reply With Quote