Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Mar 31, 2004, 3:07 AM   #1
Default S400 Proprietary UV & Macro Filters

I own a Canon S400 and am interested in getting some UV and Macro filters for this camera.

Has anyone here tried any filters or lenses with this model? I'm much more interested in getting good macro shots (for flora photography, ebay items, etc.) than UV filtering.

Thank you for your help! Feel free to talk about wide angle and telephoto lenses too!

Johnny of Pacific
PacificJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 16, 2004, 4:05 AM   #2

57 views and no responses?

Well, I'm gonna go for it. Hopefully it works out okay!

Here's the aforementioned proprietary equipment I plan to acquire:

CKC Power Powershot S400 Bay Mount:

CKC Power 8X CrystalVue Sharpshooter Telephoto Lens:

Tiffen MegaPlus +7 and +10 Macro Lenses:

Kenko (maybe Tiffen) Circular Polarizer Filter:

Tiffen 812 Warming Filter:

I'll let you know how this works out. I'll be getting them within the month--my school allows one to build a webpage with unlimited space, so I may post some uncompressed sample images to help anyone in this same "pondering" situation I'm in.

Also thinking about the Tiffen MegaPlus 2X Telephoto--a little more zoom, but less distortion (which would be more fitting for every day use). Only thing is, it wouldn't be pocket-sized anymore.

None of these filters or lenses have been purchased quite yet--if you've had a negative experience with one, please let me know!

Thanks a ton--
PacificJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 11:35 AM   #3

Did you had a chance to test some of that new equipment?

I myself got the sharpshooter for my S410, and I haven't tested much with it. The vignette is only slightly visible at full wide angle, as soon as you push a little bit the zoom, it goes away. That was one of my big concerns to have more flexibility with this lens. Since I have the adapter, I Was wondering if the filters were worth getting and worth also the hassle of putting the adapter and switching them around when I also don't use the sharpshooter. If you have some test shots with the filters, I'd like to see them.

Let me know
onyx4 is offline   Reply With Quote