Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Mar 31, 2004, 2:06 PM   #1
Default Powershot S1 IS, no autofocus during movie???

Hi all, I'm new in here

I'm very interrested in the S1 IS, and very impressed by the movie-mode it has.
BUT, I just read in a review on a norwegian site, that they at least thought that it does not autofocus during the movie-recording.
That would be pretty sad. I can hardly believe its true though, but thought I should ask in here where someone probably will have a definite answer
They also said the movie get too dark during bad lightingconditions, but I guess thats pretty common.

Here is the review, if anyone speaks norwegian (or swedish like me). They liked it very much, but did NOT like auto-focus or the EVF.

Ok, thats all, thank you guys/girls.

Edited my post: I mean of course auto-focus and not just focus.
Seb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2004, 2:44 AM   #2

Ok, I phoned Canon in Sweden and asked. They thought about it a few minutes and asked around, but noone was 100% sure, but anyway they said that it should work, and if it does not auto-focus during the filming it should be returned on warranty cause that should work (even though they at the same time sounded a bit unsure/confused lol).

But I guess it DOES auto-fokus, cause if not it wouldn't be very useful now would it

If any of you guys would like to confirm it 100% with your own camera I would still be happy. Think I'll wait a few days more anyway with my order...have to think about investments this big.
Seb74 is offline   Reply With Quote