Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Apr 12, 2004, 4:46 PM   #1
Default Canon S1 - Continous Shooting

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a 10x Zoom Digital Camera to take Kitesurfing pictures with it. To get a good impression of the action on the water I'd love to take picture sequence shoots.

In the internet reviews of the Canon S1 I found the information that it can take up to 24 images in a row with 1.7 fps. That sounds cool!

That is by far the best continous shooting that I have seen in the Camera Reviews (incl. Dimage Z2, Panasonic FZ10 even the Canon 10D and Canon 300D-Rebel -> only 3 or 4 ).

But I never found the info what up to 24 images in a row mean???Does this mean it can only take 24 images in low quality in low resolution? Or is it close to 24 images in high resolution in Fine or Superfine mode?

I'm only concerned of this, because all other cameras can take far less pictures in a row and this is a must for me needs. If you have other camera recommendations for my needs, pls let me know! (the Dimage Z2 doesn't count, because it's the most ugly cam I ever saw )

Thanks for any advice.
Robin - www.kite-surf.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 13, 2004, 12:24 AM   #2

My tips. DL the User Manual from www.canon.com or read some review.
Adwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2004, 8:54 PM   #3

The S1 works fairly well in continuous shooting mode. You can set the image quality to the highest level and still get 1.7/fps (at least I do with a Hitachi m-drive). The only drawback on the S1 - as with many digicams - is that both the EVF and LCD momentarily freeze when you take a shot, which can make it difficult to track the action. Click on this link for an image taken from 150 feet at full 10x optical at 1/500; f8.

If you'd like to see more pix to help you decide, just let me know. All-in-all, I'm enjoying this camera.
PhotoNuB is offline   Reply With Quote