Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Apr 17, 2004, 6:17 AM   #1
Default Which Flash card for Canon s500??

I've decided to purchase the s500 and would like to get a larger memory card with it. The cards I've narrowed it down to are the Sandisk 256, Sandisk Ultra2 256 and the Lexar 256(16x write acceleration). There is only 13 of a difference between the three so price is not a problem. Which of these cards would give me the best performance?

I also want to buy a PC Card, the place that I am buying from sells a Sandisk PC card but I've heard that it doesn't read the Ultra2 cards. Unfortunatly they don't sell the Ultra PC card. Does anyone know if this PC card can read the Lexar 256?

I've read that the Sandisk 256 is slow but if the s500 has a slow write speed then this would not make a difference and I would go for this card as it works with the Sandisk PC card. However if I can get better performance from the Lexar card and it works with the Sandisk PC card then that would be my choice, otherwise I will get the Ultra 2 card and just use the USB connection.

Sorry for the long message :?
Thanks for your responses
declan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 21, 2004, 3:35 AM   #2

Just got a Sandisk UltraII 256 card to go with my Ixus 430 (Powershot S410) it does seem faster to save and to swap between pictures during playback compared with the Canon card.

I was a good price off E-bay even with postage from US to UK
ebbsfleet_gooner is offline   Reply With Quote