Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old May 20, 2004, 6:57 PM   #11

I have both cameras. The S45 I use for personal use and I keep the S50 at my office. I have not had a problem with fringing with either camera. They both take beautiful, clear pictures. I use the S50 to take the pictures for my product catalogue, crop a lot and use photo shop. I send my customers pictures of their custom art on our products for approval. These camera take excellent pictures without any problems.

dcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2004, 1:57 AM   #12

Thanks for the response.

I wonder if you take images that are likely to show purple fringing? I say that because the Canon A75 I tried for a while was excellent for image quality in many situations..... then you'd get a shot of a shady place in the garden with bright sunlight backlighting the trees and every leaf edge was badly fringed.

My other test is that there is a transformer pole in our garden and the A75 at max aperture/wide angle had so much purple fringe that the actual power wires dissapeared and all you saw was a purple blur.

Also I wonder if you have noticed the speed of operation compared to other cameras. A sluggish camera does annoy me as so many photos of the kids need near instant response. I do accept that if most of your subjects are virtually static this is not an issue.

Cybershot455 is offline   Reply With Quote