Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old May 30, 2004, 3:32 PM   #1

Has anybody used a GS Magicstor 2.2G microdrive (model 1022c or the 2.2G Plus) with the Canon Powershot S1 IS? I just purchased the camera, but am still debating which CF card to buy. I've heard (and read) that the Magicstor doesn't work with some CF type II compliant cameras. But at $160, it sure looks like a steal (if it works)!
ranjitv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 1, 2004, 3:29 PM   #2

According to this thread on another forum it does work...

Can't verify it beyond that however.

I opted to go with the Lexar 1GB 40x CF card for mine... should be getting it this week.
Kukur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2004, 3:42 AM   #3

It doesn't work 100% on mine. Yes I can record 640x480 Fine videos, I can shoot some pictures, but ... it hangs very often : after some minutes or around 50 pictures, its crashing dead (CF light flashing for several minutes, andcamera shuts down or display "MEMORY ERROR" ... but it works again when I put the camera back on). It can be usefull to record long videos, but buy something else for every day pictures. I think I'll sell my Magicstor and buy a 1GB memory, same price, should be enough anyway.

By the way, Magicstor site doesn't have the S1 IS in the official compatibility list, here : http://www.gs-magicstor.com/english/...oduct_c_02.htm
Zetmor is offline   Reply With Quote