Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jun 13, 2004, 9:04 PM   #1

Hi there, after more than 5300 shots the shutter button of my camera seems to be broken! It doesn't answer when i press it, even half pressed ... Rarely it focus and take a pic. Does anyone had this problem? Could it be another problem? ( my cam is constantly with E18 error, and has no protection curtain anymore ... well.. it's becomin trash, but i like so much it!)
tapanakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 21, 2004, 4:00 AM   #2

I thought I'm the only one who suffers from this problem. my a70 just came back from canon after it was rejected due to warranty expired. canon will charge me $105 to fix it...so i decided to have them return it and bought a80 instead. it sucks because i love this camera, used it like crazy but never abusive.

my shutter button presses down but no effect at all. LCD and all other buttons/knob work except ...
as i type this i tried opening it but i guess i'm stock with a screw that i can't find...it might be mechanical or worst the chip that is reponsible for maybe focusing died or who knows...i won't lose anything if i break this by opening it but if ANYBODY has an idea PLEASE help us!!!!!
jvmajor2 is offline   Reply With Quote