Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jun 30, 2004, 7:36 AM   #1

Canon Powershot S60 or Nikon Coolpix 4100? Can't see either in the stores since they're so new. Any experience with either out there?
layla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 2, 2004, 9:28 PM   #2

I bought my Canon S60 about 2 weeks ago. It really takes outstanding picutres. The image quality is great, with good battery life, and also stylish design. The only problem I have with this camera is its built quality. Im not sure what was up with Canon but the body near the shutter relsease makes clicking sound every time I press anywhere near. Also, the battery/cf card door is plastic which feels very fragile. The door alsosqueaks and cannot be sturdily closed. Thisis the same problems that I had with my previous S60 that I returned,assuming that the camera was defective. I can conclude from my previous experience, with 2 Canon S60, that it has some minor quality issues which is pretty frustrating(in my oppinion). The reason im still sticking with S60 is its wonderful image quality, lots of manual controlsl, and its wide-angle 28mm lens. One of my friend have a Nikon Coolpix 3200, and I got to use it for a while. Truly, although the 3200 was made out of plastic, it felt much more sturdy than my S60. Coolpix 4100 will be better fit for compact, easily carried, and avery sturdy body which feels very comfortable to hold. S60 will be a better fit for amazing image quality, full of controlls, and wide-anlge 3.6X lens. Image quality was the biggest reason why I got the S60. Still now, if I were to chose between Coolpix 4200 and S60, I would surely pick the S60.

secondtime is offline   Reply With Quote