Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Sep 3, 2004, 5:57 AM   #21

Compatibility issues between CF cards and cameras is nothing new. It happens.

What would you like the camera manufacturers to do, test/upgrade their cameras every time ANY manufacturer decides to place a new product on the market? Chaos.

artherstrasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2004, 2:10 AM   #22

Mester wrote:
Unfortunatly Canon are not known for their brilliant aftersales service and their response to this compatabilty issue is just pathetic.

HTH, Tony
the S1 IS is the second Canon d/c I own, I don't seems to have any problems with their service, whenever I e-mail them a question related to the camera, they responds right away and cover all points about my problems. As far as the CF card is concern, I have no problem used the card suggested by them which is made by Sandisk (Sandisk utre 512 mb) Most of the manufacturers are not responds to questionsconcerning 3rd party products. I think all camera manufacturers are do that in purpose, all products are not universally interchangable and no world standard, like camera lens and other accessories. Best ways to avoid problems, use products suggested by the manufacturers and forward any problem questions directly to the product manufacturers rather to Canon. I have problem with the cable tv, the station tell me to phone the software (Microsoft) , it's not the problems of the satation.

good luck!!!!
jimmy380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 9:31 AM   #23

Small detail guys, in the Letter "Canon UK" did not
mention which format/FAT they use: FAT12,16...?
konic is offline   Reply With Quote