Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 4, 2004, 4:23 PM   #1

Hi there,

I hesitate between Canon PowerShot S60 and S1 IS. I'd like to take photos of my family, holidaysindoor and outdoor too.The mostimportantthing to me is theexcellent image qualify. Ordo you suggestanother camera for me? I'd like to spent about $600. Please help me with the choice!
Koli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 4, 2004, 7:09 PM   #2

I've recently bought the S1 IS and for my purposes I'm entirely satisfied with the image quality - see this picture -

I chose the S1 IS mainly because it has Image stabilization so that I don't usually have the hassle of carrying a tripod everywhere.

On the other hand, if you look at Steve's sample pictures from each camera, the Powershot S60 seems to have even better detail & resolution - compare the shots of the red brick schoolhouse, particularly the two street signs.

The Powershot also seems to have a lens that will give you wider angle shots than the S1 IS & this may be what you need for indoor shots of people.

I suggest that if you do go for the S60, buy also a good solid tripod with a ball & socket head - and always use it, if possible.
Herb is offline   Reply With Quote