Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Aug 7, 2004, 7:48 PM   #1

I have a Canon PowerShot S330 which will be two years old in a month, so it's out of warranty.

I went to turn the unit on today and the LCD on it did it's initial light up, but then turned into a bunch of lines and color bars... The zoom in/out work sometimes. However, if I take pictures, they end up on my CF card just fine. I used Canon's Remote Capture Utility and that worked fine. However, after about 3 minutes of having the camera on, it shuts itself off. I suspect it is telling me to charge the battery, but I can't tell cuz the screen doesn't work. It does this after the battery has been charged and the LED on the carger is green. I do think my battery is due for replacement, but would a bad battery cause this? I don't want to spend $40 on a new battery if that's not the problem and my camera is shot!

It doesn't seem to me that the cost to repair whatever is wrong with my camera is worth it, and I'm just going to have to suck it up and buy a new camera soon. Anyone seen this problem before?

muzicman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links