Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Sep 21, 2004, 1:03 PM   #1

I am hoping this will be the last camera i set my sights on, so I can get this hell over with and just buy a damn camera:?.

I am looking not only for a camera that shoots good quality pictures in auto mode, but that also has full manual control (exposure, aperture, shutter, focus, white balance) and takes good quality pictures in manual mode.

I am little concerned about battery life and usage also. I uses 4AAs - how long does this last. Also is the thing fairly durable - I'm not going to drive over it or anything, but will it survive a night out in my pocket?

So to the A95 owners - what do you think of this camera with regards to the following (image quality, manual functions, battery life, size and durability).

If you don't like it, why? Also are there any other similar cameras that I should be looking at?

incognito167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 24, 2004, 10:07 PM   #2

I decided to get the A95 and after 2 days of messing with it I can say I quite like it.

I haven't gone to far into the manual options yet because for my needs (taking pics of costumes and the people wearing them) it works quite well in auto once I up the resulation and picture quality to max.

Indoor I've had to use the indoor setting and turn up the flash a notch but it works quite well.

I sold my Oly C-5050 to buy this because the Oly was a bit to big for my tastes and the Canon A95 has the low light assist lamp.

I love the LCD manuverablility and the zoom is good enough (3X optical zoom).

The two things I will miss from my Oly is my hotshoe and the eight my mode presets.

I'm really enjoying this camera and if you have any questions feel free to ask. I'm more than willing to try a couple settings and get back to you.

JoeFBoeing is offline   Reply With Quote