Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Oct 8, 2004, 2:38 AM   #1

I just received a Canon A-95 and was sold a whole bunch of filters and lenses. When you use the Canon adapter tube to mount the filters and lenses, it produces a dark shadow on the bottom right of the picture. This is because the adapter is fluted and sticks up above the plane of the flash. The flash is located top right so bottom left is dark.

Anyone have this problem and found a "work around"? If not, can someone recommend a similar 5 MP camera that can successfully use a wide angle lense and telephoto lense and filters?

I'm VERY disappointed with this camera for this problem.

jayp54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 8, 2004, 7:29 AM   #2

Go to lensmateonline.com and read about the a80 w/teleconv.
dequardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2004, 11:32 AM   #3

I know I'm late for this topic but for those who are not aware aboutthis particular problem, it's already mentioned in Steve's review of the camera (or maybeonlyin the A75 review).You have to forget about the built in flash when using the lens adapter. Check this http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_...s/a75_pg2.html

noujwas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2004, 11:31 AM   #4

Almost all small digicams have this problem when you start adding filters and lens to them. This is the price we pay for small cameras. I believe that lensmate makes a 37mm adapter for filters that will not vignette and produces the smallest flash shadow. If you are using the canon approach which I think is 52mm you going to have to live with it. I use to have an Oly 3040Z (still do, just don't use it any more) and with 49mm filters this camera has the same problem and it is larger than the A95 or most of the current crop of small cams. If your going to be doing lens etc, you might want to consider something like a G6 so that you can mount an external flash on it to get it high enough to clear the lens.

WJL100 is offline   Reply With Quote