Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Oct 11, 2004, 4:07 AM   #1

A80 focusing issue is not a new here! Anyway I just wonder is there any solution for it beside those existing solution such as turning on AF assist light (some said turning off the AF light will be better?), Turn off the AIAF (some even said AIAF will help the camera to focus more accurately and faster?), Manual focusing (some said is bad??), or focus lock?

I've seen the review and comment on other forum and site regarding A80 which have a lots of positive comment. My opinion, there's still an issue there - the focusing issue. I've seen the post on other Powershot such as G series also having the same focusing problem.

I was wondering why there's no firmware update for Powershot A80? Can the focusing issue solved by upgrading the firmare? I've use A70 before I changed to A80 and I notice that A70 be able to focus faster and more accurate than A80. Sometimes A80 even takes 5 seconds to focus on the subject!and sometimes even on high contrast subject also A80 can't focus accurately! Sometimes when A80 can't focus accurately, it will affect the auto white balance and the photos taken also have very bad color balance.

Just hope there's better solution to A80 focusing issue and canon might come out firmware upgrade for A80.
cheewooi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links