Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Nov 13, 2004, 11:59 AM   #11

coontie wrote:
that's not a dog. That's a pig.

yea, but try that..

I got a lot of tips from here:

when I got my S1 I was totally clueless. I'm still clueless only a little less so now.
lol Just goes to show how much I know about dogs--or pigs :G

Thanks for the link.. I'll take a look once I get my camera

Sivaram Velauthapillai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 2:17 PM   #12

I've recently at night outdoors (with some light from other sources) been testing my abilities at getting as little blur as possible with low shutter speeds in low light.
I usually set it to ISO 50 or 100 (to get as little noise as possible), aperture priority (usually F/2.8 or F/3.1), either neutral or slightly negative exposure compensation, IS on. I've sometimes gotten somewhat decent results with shutter speeds of 1" or 1/2", but I wish I could do better. I also try to wait until my subject isn't moving too much.
If you'd like, I could post a few examples (or links to them, as I will probably post them full-size) of pics I've taken in such conditions. I may have to edit people out of them that probably wouldn't want their pictures on the net, though. If so, how do I get the EXIF data back into the file using the EXIFer program I have?
pianoplayer88key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 6:31 PM   #13

yea, the biggest problem is hand shaking. IS doesn't help much (or maybe it'd be much worse with it turned off, I don't know). I also noticed that above .5s shutter speed its way too blurry. My biggest problem has always been unsteady hand. Prolly picked the wrong week to quit sniffin glue.
coontie is offline   Reply With Quote