Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Nov 14, 2004, 11:03 AM   #1

I want to stop using zoombrowser for downloading images and use either ACDSEE or picasa which are both supposed to be able to acquire images from my camera. Everything works fine with zoombrowser but I can't determine how to use one of the other programs to download photos. I thought by removing zoombrowser altogether would allow it but it doesn't. Any help on this would be appreciated.

retgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 21, 2004, 8:35 AM   #2

I just bought my S1 (I was using an A40 up to now) and have never loaded ZoomBrowser. Not sure it makes a difference though.

I use ACDSee and a PCMCIA card adapter. I just slide the card into the PC, ignore/close the XP popups, open ACDSee and select File-Aquire Images. This seems to work great.

My only problem is clicking the option to delete pics from the CF card causes ACDSee to hang, after it has finished the job. I have to exit the program and start over. I don't know why this is, but it's more an annoyance than anything. Fortunately if does not affect the pics. I am using ACDSee and I am wondering if upgrading to 7.0 will solve this problem.

ghubbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2004, 10:33 AM   #3

Are you using Windows XP? For me, I have Zoombrowser installed, but when I connect the camera, Windows XP allows me to choose between Zoombrowser and Microsoft Scanner/Camera Wizard (which is my choice).

Best Regards
Gary Hendricks