Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Nov 22, 2004, 1:47 PM   #1

I'm new to digital photography (3 months) and love that I can preview my photos. Great for composition issues. But, when I look at the shot on the camera screen, it looks overexposed, so I do manual adjustments. When I download to my computer, the overexposed ones are perfect - seems that the camera screen is about 2 stops overexposed. So it isn't a help for getting my exposures right - the good side, is that I can bracket like crazy and then just delete the wrong exposures on my computer later. Anyone else deal with this? Any suggestions to correct it?
roseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 23, 2004, 11:47 AM   #2

The problem is the lcd not the exposure; the picture is NOT overexposed, but because of the characteristics of the lcd you see it as over exposed; you must have noticed that the pictures which look overexposed on the lcd look perfect when viewed after downloading to your computer; it can be somewhat mitigated by turning the lcd at an angle when you view your pictures; in bright sunlight sometimes the S1 does over expose and it would be good to take the exposure down by 1/3 or 2/3 (Use P mode and the expsure compensation is the first item on the Function Menu.)
samcheri is offline   Reply With Quote