Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Nov 26, 2004, 10:18 PM   #1

I have looked online quite a bit, and found this camera (canon g6) for as little as $460 but I dont really remember what the pages were. One was a reputible camera store, one found in the back of all the camera magazines. Im looking to buy it tonite can anyone point me in the right direction, the cheapest I can find at the moment is $541 at abes of maine, hoepfully I can get some pointers. Thanks
walrusking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 26, 2004, 11:20 PM   #2

pricegrabber, cnet, and steve's all list a spectrum of online retailers - some reputable, some not. $540 is pretty cheap for a G6 - probably too cheap. Caveat emptor. I generally buy new equipment from B&H, but there are cheaper places to buy. Be sure to check a seller out at resellerratings.com before commiting.

jkusmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2004, 2:54 AM   #3

Make sure you buy it from a Canon AUTHORIZED dealer. I got my G6 for just $555 shipped through a limited time special promo code from Onecall.com!

I calledanother online storewith a lower advertised price to ask them if they were Canon authorized, and they told me they were. I double checked this with Canon, and it turns out the guy at the discount store just flat out lied to me.

Before making the leap, call Canon and verify that they're an authorized reseller if you want the warranty coverage and piece of mind. Also check out a website like www.resellerratings.com to see what type of reviews the online store has received.

I was very happy with Onecall.com. I ordered at midnight on a Thursday, they verified the order and shipped it from Washington state via FedEx on Friday. I received the camera in Virginia on Tuesday. They even called afterward to make sure everything went fine with the shipment.
Flaming Carrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2004, 11:02 AM   #4

You can also in some cases, take an online price to a brick and mortar store and have them pricematch it.
rp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2004, 4:11 PM   #5

I just thought i'd add that i had wonderful service at www.buydig.com and they sell the G6 at a great price.

wiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2004, 8:13 PM   #6

~One great reputable dealer that you can buy from is on Ritz Camera's ebay store. Great deals can be found here. All new cameras come with a one year ESP. This covers pretty much everything that might happen to your camera. I bought my brand new G5 fromRitzCamera's ebay storefor $480. It came with the ESP which really is a great policy. It was a great experience buying from them and I saved a decent amount of money.~

PhillyPhotographer is offline   Reply With Quote