Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Nov 28, 2004, 5:04 PM   #1

Could someone please clarify this for me... i'm confused!! Canon say that with the sd300 you can focus as close as 3cm in macro mode. however when i read reviews of the camera the only macro mode i can see is 'digital macro', which talks about enlarging the centre of the image so close-ups are possible.this however makes me think of digital zoom, which obv reduces the quality of the image. Can you simply focus upto 3cm in normal mode, or have i got the wrong end of the stick re the digital macro. or is there a normal macro mode lurking somewhere i've not seen?

Sorry to be a bit thick! hope someone can help. Thanks,

Eddie
teddyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 29, 2004, 5:27 PM   #2

Hi, teddyt. There is in fact a macro mode on the SD300. To access it, you just have to press once on the Macro/Infinity button (left side of the control ring). This toggles between normal focus, infinity focus and macro focus (3cm-50cm). I have the SD200 but have played with both and they operate identically.

The digital macro is something Canon threw in to let you digitally zoom in macro mode, if you wish to do so (not sure why anyone would, though, hehe).
nullshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2004, 2:30 PM   #3

Thanks Nullshark, just wanted to clear that up!!
teddyt is offline   Reply With Quote