Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 17, 2004, 2:59 PM   #1

I have this dilema right now, I'mupgrading from a Elph s200.

The S70 seems almost positively too much camera for me, I'm a total newbie, and don't even know the most basic terms like aperature and all stuff means.But, it is only $50 more than the 5 megapixel S60, which seems to be the biggest difference.

Is the extra $50 worth it for the 2 megapixels?
4040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 19, 2004, 1:29 PM   #2

It's hard to say... I have no experience with either but I would probably go for the S70 since it is newer and supposedly has a newer processor (although this processor doesn't really seem to be anything major)...
Sivaram Velauthapillai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2004, 6:14 PM   #3

The nice thing is that if you're a newbie, and you get a better camera, then the positive thing will be that eventually you're going to benefit from it, since you'll be learning all about what aperture is etc. And trust me..it's not that hard once you read up some websites that explains the basics. I think that to spend an extra 50 dollars to get the latest version of the camera is often a good call. However, on the other hand...I bought a canon g6, and it's got red-eye problem galore (maybe due to poor location of the flash on the camera).
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote