Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Oct 29, 2002, 9:29 PM   #1
Default G2: ZoomBrowserEX pb >picture can't be added to image fol

I am using ZoomBrowser EX (version 3.2) to download photos from my Canon Powershot G2 camera.

I have already downloaded 200 photos without any problem.

But now I cannot download pictures anymore : each time while in "Camera window" mode, the download of the photo starts, it then displays the box saying "Download 10... 20.. up to 100% complete" (so as if everything was OK on the connection side), and suddenly the error message "The following file could not be added to the image folder" appears, and the photo is obviously nowhere to be seen on my computer!

I've tried to do it from several folders, I've tried to delete some other pictures to make sure it is not a database size problem... (by the way, how big is the maximum ZoomBrowserEX database?) ... still the same error message.

Any idea why? :roll:

Baoshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 21, 2002, 7:30 PM   #2

Sounds like a question for the Canon Tech Support folks. I can suggest a workaround though, if you have a laptop or a PCMCIA port on your desktop system. Use the PCMCIA card as a Drive and try to download from there. If that does not work, it may be that the database in Zoombrowser is corrupt.
There is a refresh function button on the bottom of the interface. Give that a try before downloading.

I was assuming that you were using the USB cable.
rickburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2002, 11:21 AM   #3

I had quite a few problems with the Zoombrowser but I found the free Downloader software at www.breezesystem.com and I have used it since.
fjalstal is offline   Reply With Quote