Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 2, 2005, 11:06 AM   #1

I bought a G6 about a month ago and need help on working the flash and focus.

I put my Speedlite 420 EX on the G6 to get better flash coverage and not shadow the lens adapter and images frequently come out too hot. I can mitigate it by backing way up and then zooming in but the infra-red reader on the Speedlite that used to properly disperse the flash on my 35MM does not seem to work right on the G6. The built-in flash leaves a shadow when I use the lens adapter and even if I take it off is not a great flash.
Any suggestions?

Also, I have a difficult time getting the camera to focus quickly. Any suggestions here? Thx. I'm afraid I either overbought my capabilities or underbought and should've gotten a Digital Rebel or 20D.
bls745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 24, 2005, 3:04 AM   #2

I just bought an external flash for my G5 and it works great. Be sure to use the camera in P mode. If you use it in manual or A or TV the ETTL doesnt work . It becomes just a TTl. In P mode the ETTL will work through the lense and detirmine the focal distance, flash output ect.. Plus, you can hit the function key and scroll down and manually manipulate the output of the flash if necessary.

Hope that helps.

Dmoss is offline   Reply With Quote