Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 6, 2005, 11:11 PM   #1

I just won a Canon Powershot S30 on eBay, and the seller provides a 30 day no-questions-asked money back guarantee. This is not a refurbished camera. The seller has two S30's, and is willing to send me whichever camera is better of the two. What tests do you recommend to determine which of the two cameras is the better one?

Thoughts that occur to me are as follows: Check the photo counter, see how many shots the camera has taken. Check for stuck/dead pixels on the CCD by taking a shutter priority shot with lens covered and shutter set to the max time of 15 seconds, and also set to 1 second. Check for dead pixels on the LCD by taking a photo of a white piece of paper, and looking at it on the LCD to check for black specks. Look at the lens and see which is in better shape, checking for scuffs or scratches (if any) and checking the reflective color of the lens to see if the coating has been damaged. Maybe take a photo of the exact same item with both cameras and see which one has better focus?

Any other checks you suggest that I have overlooked? Any suggestions on a better or different way to check for the possible problems listed above?

Thanks for your response!!

PS. Greetings everyone, this is my first time on this forum!
NetTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links