Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 17, 2005, 11:17 AM   #1

Hey all,

For the longest time, I had my mind set on getting a Canon A75. The review is stellar on www.kenrockwell.com. It also tops alot of bestseller lists. I like the A75, but it is a little big for the pocket. I really like the size of the SD200 and can get it for about $240 shipped from buydig.com. The SD200 also has the Digic II processor. Now I know there are less manual options on the 200, but I was wondering if the image quality was the same, as this is what the a75 is lauded for. Does the Digic II just add more speed or anything else? Any help would be great...

miles davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2005, 10:51 PM   #2

I have an S230, my daughter an A75 and my wife an SD300. Unfortunately I don't have an SD200 for your exact comparison. I like the picture quality of the A75, ease of use, ergos,and it does a better job with the flash than the smaller cameras - just due to size and proximity of the flash to the lens. With that said, the SD300is faster on start up and focusing,has a larger LCD, has very good picture quality and I think is slightly better in focusing accuracy in tough shots. Bottom line IMHO, if size is very important, go for the SD series. Otherwise I would go for the A75/85. The A series uses AA batteries too which has been important on more than once.
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote