Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Jan 26, 2005, 1:02 PM   #1

Any time I turn the flash off on the s200 I get the shakey symbol but when I turn it on its just fine, any ideas ? If I take the picture with the flash off the picture is blurry.
HCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 26, 2005, 1:23 PM   #2

It is a warning that the shutter speed is too slow with the flash off and that if you take the picture it will likely come out blurry due to camera movement. Use the flash or else put the camera on a tripod or set it on a table and use the selftimer. If there are moving people in the picture then there still is a good chance of them being blurry because of the slow shutter speed without the flash.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 4:52 PM   #3

I'm glad you brought this up HCF. I'm getting the same shakey camera problem with outside images on an overcast day here in BC Canada (lots of rain at the moment). I'm using an A75 set to auto and on a stable surface with the lens at it's widest. Like you as soon as I turn the flash to auto the "shakey camera" icon goes away but the images look worse color wise when the flash goes off. If the flash happens not to go off the image looks ok.

Funny thing is that I never noticed the icon with my other A75 (developed a nasty lens noise and was exchanged) under similar shooting conditions. I must have left the flash on auto and the day was just bright enough so the camera wouldn't need it.

Scott C is offline   Reply With Quote