Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Feb 8, 2005, 4:09 PM   #1

Is the SD300 Better then the S410, Other then the size and lcd size.. For about $200 more is it worth it?
I am thinking more about the photos, speed, lens, focusing,
Low light...
Takemetoothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 10, 2005, 9:27 AM   #2

i upgraded from the 410 to the 300 and i feel that i made the right decision. the picture quality that i have gotten from the 300 is just as good as any of the pictures that i took with the 410 (even in low light conditions) the SD300 has muchfaster start-up time for getting the camera out in a hurry and is also much faster between shots. i have aSandisk 1GB SD card (not the Ultra II) and i can hold down on the shutter and maintain constant shooting until the card is full (400 pics or so). plus i took advantage of the smaller size, larger screenand the much much better movie mode. i don't take many videos but the few clips that i took look amazing (for a digital camera at least) don't expect to replace getting a Mini-DV camcorder with this camera but for taking quick snapshots it is hard to beat.

i don't know what the price difference between the cameras is anymore but when i upgraded the camera through the extended warranty i had to pay a$50 price difference between getting another S410 and upgrading to the SD300. i had to upgrade because i dropped the camera in the sand at the beach and that was covered by the warranty that i got at Best Buy. i upgraded in november and i dont know if the price difference is the same or if the gap has widened

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"both cameras are great but for a $50 difference i wwould definately go for the SD300

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Good Luck and i hope i helped a little.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"if you want any pictures from either camera email me lemondster@gmail.com

lemondster is offline   Reply With Quote