Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 18, 2002, 9:31 AM   #11

How big is your PSC 100? I wanted to get it but I didn't see any picture with the camera in it or any key object to determine its size. From the picture, PSC 100 looks big, do you have a picture of it with some object as a reference? I wanted to get the PSC 50 which would fit the s230 perfectly, but the drawback is that it doesn't have extra compartment for battery/flash card, so that's out of way. I wanted to get the PSC 300 but I don't know if it's too big for s230. PSC 300 has compartment for battery and CF.
Does anybody have any input? I went to Wal Mart before but the case there has way too many compartments and seem kinda bulky.
kpmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2002, 5:41 PM   #12
Default The Canon case seems very small and convenient to me.

Photo with glasses:[/img]
dzane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2003, 9:14 PM   #13
Default PSC 50 canon case

The case you want for this puppy is the psc 50, the real official S230 case. It fits like a glove but won't fit anything else other than the camera for ultimate (safe) portability. It has a belt loop and a small hole for the wrist strap.

I bought this camera for its ultra small size and I wanted an ultra size case for it. I can carry an extra battery and memory card another way.

Take a look: http://www.pbase.com/image/10554526/medium
sportster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2003, 7:01 PM   #14

I just purchased a Tamrac 5690 at Henrys for $19.99 CDN and I'm very happy with it.

My decision was down to the Tamrac and the LowePro Z5. The LowePro had the size advantage (1" smaller in width, 2" smaller in thickness) and it was $5CDN less than the Tamrac.

The Tamrac had more padding and the front zippered pocket is divided to hold memory and spare batteries, rather than having one large pocket like the LowePro. The split pocket sold me. I plan to carry a spare battery and 4 or 5 small memory cards. I hate it when I pull something out of a full pocket and the entire contents spill out.

If I'm traveling very light I find I can use the case for my wifes Kodak T500 point and shoot as long as she's not using it.

I would have liked the Tamrac had a zipped main closure like the Z5 to keep out sand and such but a guy can't have everything I guess.[/url]
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote