Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Mar 28, 2005, 1:12 PM   #1

The software isn't able to load on my computer and I have Windows XP....d you know how to load your pictures on to your computer not using the software? Liek through "my pictures"? thanks!
jarrettmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 28, 2005, 2:47 PM   #2

These steps are approximate, but they are close enough for you to figure out the rest:

1) Start your computer and wait for Windows XP to load.

2) Connect your camera (still turned off) to your computer with a USB cable

3) Put your camera into Playback mode (i.e. the mode that allows you to view your existing photos), then turn the camera on

4) Wait for Windows XP to recognize your camera. I forget the exact message, but it will say something like "New Device Found: Canon Powershot A95 Digital Camera"

5) Next, Windows will prompt you to select which program to launch to use with your camera. Select the "Microsoft Camera and Scanner Wizard".

6) You should now be viewing thumbnails of your photos on your computer monitor. The Microsoft Camera and Scanner Wizard will step you through the process of downloading them onto your hard drive. Good luck!

7) Turn off your camera before disconnecting it from the USB cable.
Daniel T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2005, 10:07 PM   #3

Look at using a card reader. They are super easy and you don't have to involve the camera at all.

Also, you don't have to turn off your computer to disconnect the USB cable. Just double-clickthe "Safely Remove Hardware" icon in the task tray, select your device and click stop. Windows will tell you it is now safe to remove the cable. Just a tip.
RyanH is offline   Reply With Quote