Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Mar 31, 2005, 8:47 AM   #1

I recently bought a Canon SD500 (still waiting to get it) and have been doing some research related to SD memory cards.

I want to know if the Ultra II from San Disk or the X from kingston will make a real difference when compared to the normal version of this same cards.

I also read that Lexar has a high speed SD card, but it's not supported by Canon.

I would like to know which SD card is the best for my SD500.

maxcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 31, 2005, 10:04 AM   #2

I picked up a couple of 512MB Panasonic Pro High Speed which is 133x speed (20MB/s) whereas the Ultra II is only 10MB/s.

In the SD500 with the Panasonic Pro High Speed you can shoot at maximum quality and size settings continuously (about 2fps) and never fill the buffer. With a regular SD card the buffer seems to get filled after 3-6 shots. I haven't tried an Ultra II but it might be enough to shoot continously. Though the 20MB/s on the panasonics come in real handy when copying files to the Hard Drive. They are wicked fast. And pretty cheap too.
foomfoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2005, 6:23 PM   #3

Did you find these cards to work for you max?

i have been looking to replace my default card as well, but am considering buying multiple 256 sd cards rather than a 512 or 1gb. only reason is with my old camera i went for the 512 xd picture card (OLYMPUS) and it took forever to load up.

now that i have the sd500 it boots up and shoots really fast and i dont want to lose that.

anyway, did you find these panasonic cards to be about 95 dollars for the 512MB?

celeroo is offline   Reply With Quote