Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Apr 21, 2005, 6:27 AM   #1

I am a new owner of Canon PowerShot A 85 and happy with the result. My only reservation is about the pictures taken indoors. They look very dim even the flash is on and the room lightings are switched on.

Am I doing something wrong?

Are someone else facing similiar problems?

Please advice.

rajeshkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 21, 2005, 8:00 AM   #2

The flash built in A85 reaches only till 4.2 meters at wide angle and 2.5 meters when at telephoto. So only subject in this range will be lighten up by the built in flash.

If this is not the issue then you must check if the A85 has a flash compensation or also called flash output (sometimes located in manual mode but not only), for this not to be under 0 or at low power.

If this is not also the issue the you must find solutions to expose more because seems that this the limit of your A85 or worst there is something wrong with the camera. A solution to expose more, without changing the shutter speed or aperture is to compensate the exposure positively. This should work your issue out.

Also you can use Slow Synchro function to lighten up more the room but beware that this Slow Synchro will set up an slow shutter speed and the camera must stay still for a sharp result. Handheld is excluded here. Maybe a tripod or anything else that will keep the camera steady (a flat secure surface).

Bodhi is offline   Reply With Quote