Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Apr 22, 2005, 11:06 AM   #1

I am having problems with the high speed video function (60fps) on the SD400, with the Sandisk III 1gb card. It works with the card that came with the camera (canon 16mb), but not with the Sandisk card. I thought it was a faulty card, so I exchanged the card for another one, but i got the same problem.

I don't have any problems with any of the other functions of the camera. Otherwise, the super fast card is great.

Any ideas what might be wrong? Might I have a faulty camera, or, that this card is just not compatible with this function/camera?

The card is too fast or too big? thanks in advance for any help.
yellow pikmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 1, 2005, 4:43 PM   #2

Most Canon SDxxx cameras seems to have problems reading SD cards. It is propably a driver problem in the camera.

Buy another non-Canon camera, Sony / Casio ......
viking7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 5:46 PM   #3

Awhile back you posted on Steve's Digicam about 60Fps troubles w. your Extreme III card. Did you ever resolve them?

Also, was that the only trouble (e.g. could is shoot 30fps ok)? The Extreme III is supposed to be much faster on read/write but I don't know if the SD400 is built to take advantage of that. I'm curious as to your experiences here.

I just bought an SD400 and am shopping for a card, so would really appreciate hearing of your experiences.

tharriso is offline   Reply With Quote