Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old May 1, 2005, 12:32 PM   #1

How do I know what version of firmware is installed in my camera? Also, I know there was a firmware update for this camera in the recent past, but the firmware download on the Canon site has nothing in it. Can anybody fill me in on this subject.

I've had my camera for about two weeks now and like it very much. A very steep learning curve, but I am learning a new thing about the camera every day. If I had to do this with a film camera I would have spent hundreds of dollars on processing. Coming from a solid, simple SLR(K-1000) dealing with the exposure issues is easier for me. Someone who doesn't understand ASA, shutter speed and f-stop would be pretty much restricted to the auto mode. The digital camera is a good way to learn that stuff. You can see the results of settings immediately. Great fun!
sedges is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 2, 2005, 8:27 AM   #2

open the battery door and look for a black dot on the inside, if you see it..firmware up to date...:blah:
bayoubooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2005, 9:20 AM   #3

Sedges,---You can just enter your serial number of your S1 on Canon's firmware download site. It will tell you, you have or have not got the latest version.
tsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2005, 1:19 PM   #4

Using ZoomBrowser EX software there is some option that shows the version (I'm not at home so I don't remember which one it is ). I think the choice is under 'tools' or 'settings' or something like that. It's basically in the section where you get to read/set camera options...
Sivaram Velauthapillai is offline   Reply With Quote