Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Canon

Old Dec 26, 2002, 5:14 PM   #1
Default s200 trouble, need help

Hello everyone, well I just got the s200 for christmas and have been taking a good amount of shots. For every 10 shots I take, only 1 shot comes out good. For some reason, almost all my shots are blurred. Shots are blurry even when I have the camera sitting on a table. I put the camera on a table and depressed the shutter halfway and I got the indicator that says the picture will be bad becuase the camera isn't stable...how is that even possible. Also, is there anyway on macro shots to be able to get good quality on something without using flash. I was taking pictures of my cat sleeping, and all of the shots without flash were blurred slightly. I really hope I can figure out how to take non blurry shots, otherwise, its going to be put on ebay. The main thing that frustrates me is when the camera says it is unstable when it is sitting on a table :evil:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
jmer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 26, 2002, 5:28 PM   #2
Default S200, need help

As you only got the camera at Christmas, you should give yourself some time to get to know it. I have my Canon A40 for two months now and I am still figuring out what to do with it. I don't know the S200 at all but if it has an Auto Mode like mine, I would stick to using it for the moment as use the camera as a 'point and shooter' then move onto things like using the Macro Mode. The usual problem with blurry pictures is that the focus has not been set properly or if it has, the camera has then been moved before the picture has been taken.

Rimbo 8)
rimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2002, 9:49 PM   #3

Hmm after doing further experimenting,

I have found to not pay attention to the lights at the top. I took some macro pictures, and didn't pay attention to the lights, and the pictures were clear and crisp hehe. I had the flash on though, so that may have made a difference.

I just took some more shots, I guess that I either need excellent lighting, or I MUST use the flash for the macro shots.
jmer01 is offline   Reply With Quote